Over the past years, SOWISO/Bolster Academy developed higher-ed and secondary-ed courses in Calculus, Linear Algebra, Statistics, and Financial Mathematics. These courses are already used by tens of thousands of students and teachers around the world. They require continuous updates and new courses are also part of the goals set out for the near future. Besides, our customers often make their own course material, where they need assistance regarding aspects of the platform and the capabilities of the system.
Our own courses have been written by in-house authors. The authoring is not just writing texts. It also involves programming in a computer algebra system and using this tool for providing elaborate automated feedback to all possible student answers. We are in need of an experienced editor/author that would know how to work together with our team of editors and authors for producing top-notch content in our platform!
The key responsibilities will include:
- Assessing educational content in mathematics, physics, and statistics for higher and secondary education
- Daily supervising the peer review process of our in-house authors
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with in-house authors and current clients
- Working collaboratively with authors and editorial board members
- Mentoring inexperienced authors and new clients.
- Designing new course material and managing the authoring process
The key requirements for the new editor are:
- Proven writing experience of exact mathematics in English (writing experience in Dutch, French, or Spanish is a plus).
- MSc degree in a relevant scientific discipline (mathematics, statistics or physics).
- Interest in digital education/communication and education technology.
- Basic/Intermediate programming skills (or willingness to learn), primarily in a computer algebra system
- A talent for clear communication.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and mentoring skills.
- The ability to work successfully both independently and in a diverse team.
- Critical thinking and an eye for detail.
- Flexible working hours, including remote working
- Regular team lunches and activities
- 5 weeks holiday
- Budget for personal development
- Salary reviews based on performance and meeting sales targets
- Option to join our pension plan
- The opportunity to make a difference in the fast-changing world of online education
Only individuals are invited to respond. Please do not contact us for sales purposes.